Established in 1990, EKS Motorsports’ high degree of professionalism, vast experience, sound technical competency and valuable networking have been built on a successful motor-racing career spanning close to 30 years. This has seen EKS Motorsports evolve from a championship-winning racing team to providing team management and technical consultancy for various disciplines in motor-racing.
EKS Motorsports has established itself as one of the most successful racing teams in Asia, winning five Southeast Asian Touring Car Championships, and becoming the only team to win the driver’s, manufacturer’s and team championship titles for three consecutive years from 1997-1999. EKS Motorsports also clinched the Porsche Asian Challenge Series titles in 1999, 2000 and 2001. In 2007 and 2008, the company was appointed as a Technical Consultant to supervise the building and preparation of race cars belonging to the Honda Racing Team in Malaysia which went on to finish second and third overall and securing the top two positions in class in the 12-hour Malaysian Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race. EKS Motorsports is also running 4 Porsche Cayman GT4 in the Blancpain GT Series Asia for the 2017 season and clinching 2nd on the GT4 Team Championship.
EKS Motorsports co-developed the Arrive and Drive concept, where teams and drivers are provided with the highest caliber of professional support and services.
Today, as a Technical Service Provider for the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia Championship, EKS Motorsports provides participating teams and drivers with a myriad and comprehensive range of services, from overseeing vehicle transportation to and from the race venue, vehicle preparation, set-up, maintenance and repairs, gearbox rebuilt, to cater to the order, sale, storage and delivery of spare parts, equipment and consumable items.
EKS Motorsports provides ‘Arrive and Drive’ packages as below:
- Transportation of race cars, parts and tools from race to race
- Dedicated technical service support – mechanics, supervisors, race engineers, driver coaching
- Race technical support & consultancy – vehicle preparation, set-up, maintenance & repairs
- Porsche GT cars gearbox rebuilt specialist
- Porsche GT cars spare parts support specialist
- Safety inspection and quality control (daily 30-point safety check for race car)
- On-track accident repairs and painting
- Arrangement of vehicle decals
- Ordering, storage, sales and delivery of spare parts, equipment and consumable items
- Pit set-up
- Loading & unloading of vehicles, spare parts & equipment
- Assisting with Customs clearance and inspection
- On-track availability of special tools and equipment (camber gauges, corner-weight scales, alignment tools)
EKS Motorsports’ mechanics and supervisors comprise of Porsche-trained technical personnel with between 5 to 20 years of experience in various disciplines of motor-racing, ready to service and maintain the race cars, a pre-season check and pre-event service, pit set-up at each event, and packing, loading and unloading of containers, meaning drivers simply arrives at the track where the fully-prepared race car awaits them, making for an exciting and hassle-free race weekend.
Our highly experienced technical crew members come from Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Hong Kong and are also conversant in five languages – Mandarin, English, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai and Tagalog.
EKS Motorsports also organizes private testing and track days for individuals who are eager to test out their road-going sports or hyper cars on the race track.